Thursday, January 6, 2011

TAKE IT OFF, TAKE IT ALL OFF


Danny O'Day at "Burlesque Mania" cd party.

Being a Stripper

1. Toiletries and Panties

My pubic hair's razored
to an imperfect geometry.
I took a milk bath.
Washed my hair with Paul Mitchell.
Everything should be shaved,
is.
I'm ready to swim naked through men.
My cuticles are bleeding,
the left little toe is blistered
from walking in Santorini, Greece,
but honey
you know they won't be looking
for hands and feet.
Take the Secret antiperspirant, the Colgate red gel,
I'm out of lotion, white linen cologne, and make up bag.
Tonight Power
it's the new blue and green plaid bra and pantie;
(yuck what a word)
(Pantie: a woman or child's undergarment covering
the lower trunk and made with closed
crotch) Lovely.
so, plaid from Victoria's.
Yes, business men LOVED PLAID.
Young republicans love plaid,
The nineteen year olds that can't get laid
Won't care.

II. I am beautiful

I look great tonight.
The color from the Cyclades islands suits me.
I've lost weight. No zits.
I'm not going to wear much make-up.
Everybody can kiss my ass.
Oh shit, my ass.
Slowly, slowly turn around and let's see.
Fuck it. I curve.
If I put my arms straight out
behind me
I am the number 5.

Look at my body.
The bottoms to this outfit
lazy V along my bikini line.
Just flat coffee with cream colored waist
and a C at the small of my back.

I feel good like gloss
vitamin E gel and spaghetti straps
a shadow from my breasts
to my crotch
dividing my left from right.
I'm going to make bank.

III. You love me I'm moving

I am power. I am power.
I am power. I am power.
If I am an arched back
knees grinding stage (tomorrow's bruises)
palms down
toes curled
thighs slightly treed apart
my neck and hair stretched
you should be thinking of
power.
pierced nipple
pierced navel
P. beautiful consonant
Pussy
You love mine.
Pussy power.
You're watching my ass
looking for tan lines
that don't exist
except for where the bottom of my cheeks
meet the back of my thigh.
Pink cantaloupe slices.

IV. Sisters Daughters Mothers Wives

I'm feeling it
or feeling it skillfully.
Plaid becomes pink.
I look in your eyes
before you can look between my legs;
I love my body,
I embrace my sexuality,
I am comfortable with my nudity.
If anyone's eyes roll down
it will be yours.
Where's your daughter?
Your wife?
That's right.
I'm not one bit shy, ashamed or embarrassed.
I am power. I am power. I am power.
I feel more comfortable being here than you do.
taking weak money from obvious hypocrites who
couldn't see their sisters in my shoes.
You say your wife would never wear leather
or dance for you?
When was the last time you bought vinyl briefs
and a riding crop?
Now that I've gotten that out of the way,
pay me for being who I am.

I smile and there is nothing


between me and the cigarette air.

Carrie Michaelle Wright
Published in Heaven Chapbook Series #17
White Fields Press for the literary renaissance
Louisville, Kentucky, 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment