Saturday, August 7, 2004

God Is Pooh Bear

You might be asking. What was all that Winnie the Poo stuff about yesterday. Well, I'll tell you. I was at lunch yesterday in Frankfort and passed a table in front of a little flea market store. And sitting on the table was a brightly colored purple, red and green plastic lunch box made to resemble a house, with a banner that read "Poo's House." And sure enough, standing out front was the Bear with Little Brain. It only cost $6 and I had to buy it. Because I kept hearing Jack Kerouac's voice reciting the from the last paragraph of "On the Road."
     "So in America when the sun goes down and I sit on the old broken down river pier watching the long, long skies over New Jersey and sense all the raw land that rolls in one unbelievable huge bulge over to the West Coast, and all that road going, all the people dreaming in the immensity of it, in Iowa I know by now the children must be crying in the land where they let the children cry, and tonight the stars will be out, and don't you know that God is Pooh Bear?"

No comments:

Post a Comment