Friday, May 27, 2011

FEAR AND LOATHING



RAPTURE

It's not the end of the world,
Maybe your world or
Mine, but let's face it,
Every second, someone's
World ends.
Get used to it.

Danny O'Bryan


MR. FEAR

He follows us, he keeps track.
Each day his lists are longer.
Here, death. And here,
something like it.

Mr. Fear we say in our dreams,
what do you have for me tonight?
And he looks through his sack,
his black sack of troubles.

Maybe he smiles when he finds
the right one. Maybe he's sorry.
Tell me, Mr. Fear,
what must I carry

away from your dream?
Make it small please.
Let it fit in my pocket,
let if fall through

the hole in my pocket.
Fear let me have
a small brown bat
and a purse of crickets

like the ones I heard
singing last night
out there in the stubbly field
before I slept, and met you.

Lawrence Raab

No comments:

Post a Comment